Doodling can help a student transition from one task to another. I observed one youngster draw an on-off switch, tap it and move on to what the teacher asked the class to do.
For some youngsters, drawing is a strength that should continue to be strengthened. It might be the exact thing that determines their career path. There is a powerful connection between the hand and the mind. If you have a budding artist in your midst, think of how you can harness this ability and use it to improve other skills.
- draw out a plan for a story using a storyboard
- tell stories by drawing a comic strip
- help understand social situations by drawing out social stories
- draw out math problems to fully understand concepts
- sketch out scientific processes
- improve reading comprehension by drawing scenes from a book
Take 5 minutes to watch this incredible video that honors an individual's strength.
photo citation: karindaiziel