- putting kids at the center of their learning
- kids creating, not just interacting
- opening the door to student creation
- wondering...is there joy in your classroom?
- creating "third places" in school
- rethinking space - what do we want to happen here?
- getting away from instructional "stencils" to discovery and exploration
- kids bringing both heart and brain to school
- schools needing to be more childlike - open, curious, playful
- technology allowing you to go further than you can on your own
- hearing, "Most of what kids are doing on computers in school is just dopey" (Gary Stager)
- the teacher being the expert learner in the classroom
- knowing what's in the box before you leap out
Why change? Because it's part of life!
Are you interested in hearing and seeing more about this Educon2.0 experience? By the power of Ustream, you can watch the sessions yourself. Go to the Educon20 wiki and scroll down until you see the individual sessions. Next, choose a session and click on "click here for session notes and UStream Session Recording." These are not the 2-4 minute youtube videos that you can fit in easily, so grab a cup of tea first and enjoy.