Convert any photo into a talking character with PQ Talking Photo. Currently it runs on Windows XP/Vista, but a Mac version is expected sometime this year. Here is what it can do:
- Create animated characters from any photo you want.
- Easy to use. With simple mouse clicks, the animation can be generated in a few seconds.
- Only one picture is needed to construct a realistic 3D face for animation
- Animate any human or animal photos, paintings, drawings or even sketchs.
- Automatically match lip movement with voice.
- Support any spoken languges: English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Chinese, etc.
- Create your talking photo album, live avatars on blogs, funny greeting card, pets talk show, etc.
I was pondering the classroom applications of this fun tool before having an adequate dose of morning caffeine when I came across David Muir's post from his EdCompBlog. He has some great ideas:
I think there is great educational potential for animated talking pictures. You could get a picture of an historical character and put pupil generated words in their mouth... Or get pupils to talk in the persona of a fictional character... Or different pupils could record the same message but present it in different ways depending on the emotions shown by the person in the picture - in anger, in sadness, with resignation etc.