Monday, June 18, 2007

Ice Cream in a Bag




The last day of school is here. Why not celebrate with this fun activity? The movement required to make it may offset the calories in the ice cream!



What You Need:

  • 1 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Milk or half & half
  • 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 6 tablespoons Rock salt
  • 1 pint-size Ziploc plastic bag
  • 1 gallon-size Ziploc plastic bag
  • Ice cubes
How To Make It

1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
4. Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
5. Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy!

Thanks to Robyn Lee for her photos posted on flickr.

3 comments:

Occupational Therapy Otago said...

Hi folks
Just wanted to say I always enjoy dropping in to see the latest posts. Its a great site for ideas for therapists working with kids. The ice cream sounds really interesting - we run a kids holiday programe we will have to get them trying it - I was relieved to find you don't actually eat all the salt!!!
jackie
http://occupationaltherapyotago.wordpress.com/

Karen said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog. It's late and I'm going to bed, but I can't wait to come again, it looks like you have some great stuff!

Karen
otstudents.blogspot.com

facilminator said...

Greetings, ladies - great blog!! I haven't had time to read through too much, but so far it is delightful. My first question - who are you??

I found a link to your site from an ot student blog. I worked at Hosmer for about 5 years (on and off) between 1984 and 1992 and would love to hear how things are going there now. (Jim Early was SPED director then and we put together an SI room).

I'm living in Georgia now and teaching OT students...

Lynn